I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

finn :)


my love ♥

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Chains are Gone!

          As you may know, I have just spent the last ten days in Israel, in God’s Holy Land! It would take me months to describe in detail just how much this trip has changed me, and even then, no one would probably know exactly how I am feeling. But one thing I just can’t get over is the fact that I have found freedom! True, absolute freedom that only the Lord can provide.
          
          Over the course of the last few months, Kyler (my boyfriend) has been praying relentlessly that his love for me would somehow just lead me to the Cross, that I would accept and receive the love that God has for me, and that I would just live in His love and freedom. One day when we were hiking one of our big hikes, our group split into two smaller groups. One group continued hiking to a farther destination, and the other group – the group that I was in – stayed at the bottom and waited for the first group to return. While we were waiting, I had a chance to just be by myself with God and pray. I was thinking about how much Kyler loves me and how much he does for me. All of a sudden, no joke, I just got hit by an overwhelming amount of peace, and I realized that God loves me so much more than Kyler does! He loves me unconditionally, and He will never stop loving me. I finally was able to not only be aware of His love, but to accept it and receive it! It was an incredibly defining moment for me as a Believer. I hope I never forget that moment.
          
          Two days later, I got the opportunity of a lifetime: to be baptized in the Jordan River, the same exact river that my Lord and Savior was baptized in! Several other people in our group got baptized as well, and they all gave short little testimonies before they went under. I was fully intending on NOT giving any sort of testimony; I was just going to get in the water, let Jason (the guy who baptized me) say a few words, and get dunked. But when it came my turn to hop in the water, I turned and faced all of those wonderful people – people I didn’t even know – and I gave a small but powerful testimony. When I shared that little snippet of my story, I literally felt the freedom that God has been trying for so long to get me to understand. I got told later by some of my friends that they could see the freedom written all over my face. I will absolutely never forget that moment.
          
          I am so incredibly grateful that I was chosen to go on this trip by God Himself. His fingerprints were all over this trip from the beginning. Thank You, God. I love You, Lord!
          
My chains are gone! I have been set free. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray Phyllis! I'm excited for you. Also, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend,
    You've made me cry, yet again. I am so excited that you have found true love. First in our Father, and second with my brother. :) Freedom is a powerful thing, and I am so happy that you have found it and peace in the arms of Jesus. On a side note...I hope you and Kyler get married. Can I come to the wedding please? I love you so very much, and I'm so glad God did amazing things for you in Israel...the trip was all His plan, from the very beginning through all the financial trusting, to the very moment you spoke before being baptized. I'm so proud of you. Don't forget these defining moments. I love you. <3 Bam

    ReplyDelete

my life.

My photo
I am in love with my Lord!